Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ball Under Layer

These are my under layers for the ball bouncing animation exercise.  I put the environment on the bottom later, my first ball bounce sequence on the next layer, and then the second sequence last (I did this on two layers because the ball leaves the screen briefly and then returns).  I have had to redo this process so many times now, but it's so much better after all the trial and error...but I still need to revise before the animation is complete.    :)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Incremental #1

Last class we did our first incremental life drawing session.  It was a new experience and was very useful.  It definitely helps in figuring out how the body looks in certain poses and seeing how the body transitions in a short moment that people usually wouldn't think was complicated.     I pretty much enjoyed it overall and I became a bit more aware of the things I need to work on.


Pendulum from Lua Pettit on Vimeo.

2nd animation assignment.  A pendulum!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Incremental Sample #1

So far, my favorite incremental drawing in my morgue book.  I have been wanting to use this transformation for a story idea I came up with to be animated.  Someday...when I'm awesome.  

Thursday, September 9, 2010

#3 Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis from Lua Pettit on Vimeo.

The first KCAI Animation animated assignment. :)

This was KCAI sophomore animation's 3rd part of our first assignment. We had to combine our flip-books with a metamorphosis in between them. It was a lot of fun once I got going on the metamorphosis. The most difficult/frustrating thing about it though was coming up with ideas for changing the real life scenes into a metamorphosis. I am the type of person who really needs a plan, so I ended up coming up with a little idea before starting and using that for the first part of the metamorphosis. After that was completed though, it became much easier to transition to more abstract things (the head opening up, the creature coming out and everything getting stretched and pulled off the page turning into the transition - from nonsense to my favorite place in KC). The most fun about this project was getting into the rhythm of producing frames one after the other, then of course seeing the "final" product (will probably add more frames in between these for a slower smoother result).
Although I did try to do a large number of frames to make this as long as possible (I wanted to allow people to actually see what was going on) I learned that that was still too little amount of frames (I ended up with 320 frames total). So even though I thought I was doing small changes in frames, I need to do smaller increments still.
Anyway, overall, I really did enjoy this project.